At RMY Clements, we are passionate about giving back to the local community and supporting charities as much as we can. Each year at RMY, we nominate and select a local charity to support and commit our fundraising activities to.
Charity of the year
This year we are delighted to be supporting Focus Birmingham.
Focus Birmingham is a specialist charity providing expert support, advice and information to anyone in the Birmingham area affected by sight loss or other disabilities as well as enabling them to lead independent and fulfilling lives in an inclusive society.
Current sponsorship event
We have no current sponsorship events planned.
Ongoing and past events
We undertake various fundraising tasks or events throughout the year to raise as many funds as possible. Past events have included:
- An annual RMY Bake off charity bake sale (We have a very seriously undertaken inter-office competition and then sell our homemade cakes to the general public)
- Office penalty jar (Staff that leave items in the fridge or don’t do their washing up had better beware!)
- Sponsored runs / obstacle course events (Undertaken by staff members crazy enough to volunteer for this!)
- Charity raffle (We had some fantastic prizes donated including a signed WBA football, £150 Cocktail, meal vouchers and more!)
- World cup sweepstake (To involve even the non-football fans in the spirit of the world cup!)
- Fancy dress days (including for the much anticipated Royal Wedding...)
Previous charities of the year
We raised a wonderful £2,000 for BUD’s (Better Understanding of Dementia for Sandwell).
BUDS is a West Midlands based charity that aims to improve the quality of life for people experiencing Dementia, and also offer support to their family and carers who often get overlooked.
We raised an incredible £5,092 for Molly Olly’s Wishes.
Molly Olly’s Wishes is based in Warwickshire and supports children with terminal or life threatening illnesses and their families to help with their emotional wellbeing. They grant individual wishes and donate therapeutic toys and books to both children directly, and to hospitals throughout the UK.
How our staff make a difference
Laura, one of our managers, has volunteered, for a locally based charity, Focus Birmingham, to support those in the local area affected by sight loss. In 2019 another one of our managers Sharon, signed up to become a Pen Pal on the ‘A letter from Louise’ scheme through Omega Care for Life which is a service aimed at providing some companionship for those that are socially isolated, elderly or living alone. In addition Sharon has also supported Post Pals which is another Pen Pal service aimed at brightening the lives of sick children by sending cards, letters and gifts. At RMY we are very proud of Laura and Sharon as we realise that it’s not just about raising money, but about giving back time to the local community that is so important, and we encourage any of our staff to volunteer where they can.
Visit Focus Visit Omega Visit Post Pals
How can you help?
To find out how you can help with our current fundraising plans Contact Laura.